Here are all the measurements you will need when ordering gambeson, caftan, tunic, trousers or any type of garment.
* For every order we require your height and weight!
MANUAL ON HOW TO DO IT:
- First of all, when taking the measurements you will need a family member or a friend to assist you. Measurements taken by yourself might at times be too inaccurate.
- Use the correct type of tape measure. When taking body measurements, you will want to use a soft cloth or flexible plastic/rubber tape measure, such as is used in sewing. Do not use a metal measuring tape.
- Stand correctly. Stand straight, tall, and breathe normally when taking measurements. Some measurements may be taken better when exhaling, some when inhaling.
- Tighten your muscle. When measuring arms and chest tighten each muscle’s part for proper circuits.
- Measure correctly. You want to be sure that when you measure, the tape is straight and in line with the appropriate body part.
- Wear appropriate clothing. You can’t get a very accurate measurement when wearing baggy or thick clothing, so try to wear clothes which fit closely or wear nothing at all.
- If measuring for outer garments, measurements will need to be taken with clothing on. Same applies for tunics, tabards and robes worn onto your armour.
- Know when to measure circumference vs length. Different measurements will need to be either circumference measurements (the measurement around something) or length measurements (the measurement between two straight points).
1. GAMBESONS AND TUNICS
2. TROUSERS / HOSES